Wade’s 4,000th on Birmingham
Birmingham Barons play in their new downtown
stadium, Regions Field, which opened 2 weeks ago.
Blogging has been very, very good to me.
Today’s 4,000th post marks another step on this 8-year journey called Wade on Birmingham.
By the numbers …
- It took 561 days to reach 1,000 posts.
- Another 722 days to reach 2,000 posts.
- Another 594 days to reach 3,000 posts.
- And then another 880(!) days to reach this 4,000th post.
Since post No. 3,000, I’ve won a few blogging awards, started a nonprofit organization and founded a blogging and social media conference. I was featured in a local weekly newspaper this month and appeared on TV news last night. It’s been a busy 880 days.
A quick rundown of the state of the blogs …
• Wade on Birmingham — Daily haiku? Check. Political coverage? Occasionally. Everything else? Sporadically. But I do have some great alternate outposts for Birmingham coverage: Pinterest, Google+ and my Twitter account @WadeOnTweets.
This Facebook list covers local news, while this other Facebook list focuses on nearly 550 local restaurants; you can also subscribe to my Facebook profile. My Twitter lists cover Birmingham restaurants, nonprofit organizations and real estate professionals.
But I digress.
• Wade Kwon.com — I wrote in 2010: “A terrific repository for my thousands of tweets. And not much else. Easily the most neglected of my blogs.” Still going strong!
• Media of Birmingham — I have closed the organization, but still maintain the blog. Look for a new story on the Alabama Media Group (better known as the Birmingham News and al.com) next week.
• Birmingham Blogging Academy — Weekly posts on communication, including blogging, plus a robust free weekly newsletter.
And several new sites to visit …
• Alabama Social Media Association — My professional nonprofit group founded in 2011. We held a social happy hour Tuesday night, with plenty more to come in 2013. Sign up for the free mailing list on the site to stay in the loop.
• Project Bulk — My crazy weight gain blog, as I’ve worked on building muscles through diet and short workouts for the past 8 months. Fun, with plenty of topless photos of me.
While blogging has been good to me, you the readers have been kind and generous and supportive all these years. Thank you!
Wade Kwon is a Birmingham native and publisher of Wade on Birmingham.
Categories: Grab Bag